Can We still Breathe a Normal Air?

This pandemic gives us a lot of challenges, shocks, and deaths that make it as fast as a snap of a finger.  


Every day the cases are going up and every day people are being positive and more people being loved are being killed by this virus that we cannot see.  Since the pandemic started I was only in our house, I am afraid to go out because I don't want to have this kind of sickness especially that my body is not that great when it comes to my immune system. My parents are already senior citizens so one will be infected it will infect us all and we don't want that to happen. But my parents are strong enough to save a lot of medicines like vitamins and boosters, foods that are good for our body and both of them are exercising well every day.  It's been hard for me because studying while working while this pandemic is really stressful. 

It lets me decide to stop working and study first at home so I can help also my parents physically and this happened the time the pandemic started. All of my co-workers decided to resign and others were given a notice that they cannot pay all of the employees so they need to cut some employees. It saddens me because some of my co-workers have family, children and also need to sustain their needs but they cannot do anything because of this pandemic. I am also becoming weak physically and mentally because I'm not used to staying at home but the good thing is my brothers and sisters are always video-chatting us so we will not feel bad or sad in the meantime. In the last year 2020, the pandemic here in Baguio City is lessening, establishments are opening and transportation is back. The good thing is the government is really giving priority to this pandemic to help all the citizens. I also help in the first year of the pandemic by being a volunteer to people who needed the most and having some struggles. We packed canned goods and foods donated by people with hearts and given to the needy. 



This is the time that I find work to help my parents and my studies and I am lucky because they let me in already on my first interview. The salary is not that high but it is less stressful and the company I'm working for until now is having a good protocol when it comes to this pandemic. It's hard to be a student while working on this pandemic but I need to stand my ground just to finish everything. I am enjoying my work now even if the pandemic hasn't ended yet but one thing for sure is that I'm happy. Since the pandemic started my whole family didn't get any virus and all of us are healthy physically, mentally, and emotionally because of the support that we are giving to each member.  But it’s now 2021 and we are still using face shields, double masks, and being careful when going out. So when can we breathe normal air again? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Integrated Marketing Communications: An Overview